Wednesday 18 March 2015

Laneige Serum Intense Lipsticks

laneige serum intense lipstick twinkle coral flash pink swatch review

The Laneige Serum Intense Lipsticks drifted through my radar's periphery (as most things do) every now and again when I read reviews on the Korean cosmetic blogs I follow. It intensified when I watched "My Love from Another Star", when a rather neon orange color from the line was worn. So when my mom went to Asia last year, I asked her to pick up two of the shades, which I chose blindly off internet reviews.


laneige serum intense lipstick twinkle coral flash pink swatch review

The problem with internet reviews is that people mostly end up with the same colors since those are the only swatches floating around. Since we all want some sort of certainty, buying swatched colors will at least give a good sense of what the actual product looks like. That's how I ended up with Flash Pink and Twinkle Coral. One of them worked out...the other...eh....*shrugs*.

laneige serum intense lipstick twinkle coral flash pink swatch review

The Intense Serum Lipsticks (~$30CDN not entirely sure, 3g) are supposed to be serum-like lipsticks with intense color and high moisturization. They feel like water when I apply them. I have never felt this type of water gel sensation as a lipstick before and immediately took notice. The color pay off is quite strong considering what feels like a thin consistency and I barely feel the lipstick on my lips at all during the day. Even when dabbed on, the color can be quite strong.

laneige serum intense lipstick twinkle coral flash pink swatch review

But because of the consistency, and the (somehow weird) jelly-wateriness, the color can collect around flakes really badly if you haven't exfoliated. I wore Twinkle Coral on a rather bad lip day and it looked too patchy and almost unhealthy. That, and I think cool light corals are unflattering on me anyways. In that situation, the lipstick wasn't enough to moisturize my super dry lips so I piled on lipbalm but the lipsticks are definitely not drying. On regular occasions, I could feel them giving me light moisture though the day.

laneige serum intense lipstick twinkle coral flash pink swatch review

I like Flash Pink a lot more even though it's a bright and light colored youthful pink. A bit loud maybe for the office but it's just a nice step outside my comfort zone and good for spring.

laneige serum intense lipstick twinkle coral flash pink swatch review

When applied, dabbing and mushing my lips together gave the best finish and consistency. Applying a full sweep directly from the tube gave an almost too pigmented effect. I'm not describing it well and it might again be a factor of the colors I chose but so far, less has been more.

The texture of these is definitely interesting and if you were on the fence you might just want to do it for science. I'm not sure if they're my favorite formula but I appreciate that it's not drying and that the color is so vibrant. If there was a color I really liked I might consider purchasing it since these really look good on the lips. Just keep in mind the absolute necessity of having a good lip to start with, but isn't that true for all lipsticks?

What do you think of these lipsticks?


Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment