Saturday 2 January 2016

Pretty Awesome (ft. a Born Pretty Eyeshadow Palette)

Born Pretty Eyeshadow Palette Review

You won't believe how good this is. Seriously.

There have been times when I've cut finance corners by finding the cheapo version of something off Ebay. Why pay $9 at My-Partner's-Name-Tea-Shop for a tea steeper when I can buy the same thing for $2? Why buy Fruit-Branded-Tech-Store charger cords for $40 when I can get the exact same thing for less? Ebay is my friend. Ebay saves me money. Though I like a bargain, I am equally likely to splurge on items and make up can be one of them. But when I touched the Born Pretty Make Up Palette($7 on sale), I was like 'Woah' and, I was humbled....you know, just a little and reminded that good quality makeup doesn't always come at a price.


Born Pretty Eyeshadow Palette Review

This palette doesn't even have a proper name and when given a chance to showcase it on ABZ I really had low expectations. But when this arrived, the set of 18 shimmer and matte shadows, within a very slapped together palette packaging, was way better than I imaged. And even if I had regular makeup standards, it still would have been way better than I had imaged.

Born Pretty Eyeshadow Palette Review

I'm going to put this out there. Don't judge me. These feel almost as smooth as some of my favorite shadows...(and we all know what those are)They have the same crushed pigment + gel type texture but admittedly, with a little less binder. When swatched, the pigment can come apart if lightly pressed. That sounds worse than it is but otherwise these shades are really really good. They blend super easily, they didn't crease through the day and yes I did wear primer but even the mattes performed well. I'm almost afraid to hype this up too much in case someone buys it and hates it but...I'm really liking this palette and its not even warm toned.

Born Pretty Eyeshadow Palette Review

Born Pretty Eyeshadow Palette Review

Born Pretty Eyeshadow Palette Review

Born Pretty Eyeshadow Palette Review

Look for $7...you should give this a try. It'll bring down your makeup snobbery a few pegs and you'll get this super eyeshadow palette in exchange for some pennies and a humbling experience. I'm really interested in testing out some more of the Born Pretty Palettes now. 

(If you need a discount code, here's ABZH10 for 10% off)

When was your last make up humbling experience?

0 comments:

Post a Comment