Tuesday 5 January 2016

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation*

MUFE Ultra HD Foundation review

I'm finally writing about the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation* ($50CDN, liquid: 30ml, stick: 12.5g)! So many people have fallen in love with this foundation and it won an Allure Beauty Award in 2015. I'm a fan of light coverage foundations but this medium foundation option is checking off a lot of boxes.

MUFE Ultra HD Foundation Review

The Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Liquid Foundation is an update of the HD foundation and is designed for 4K technology which, because of the level of clarity and detail, demand more flawless looking on-camera skin. It is completely invisible under 4K resolution leaving a natural on camera look. It promises silky complete coverage in a natural comfortable finish. The liquid formula is lightweight and oil-free.


The formula also comes in a Stick Foundation format. This formate provides medium to full coverage and is great for touch ups and contouring of normal to dry skin.

MUFE Ultra HD Foundation review

Color and Coverage:
I was matched with shade Y245 which was just a touch darker than my summer skin but when blended out it worked well enough. The Stick actually applies much darker on my face. Between the two, the Stick is definitely more full coverage and can sit heavily on the skin if you don't blend it out properly. I later asked for shade Y225 in the liquid formula which was then just a touch pale (Y235 was not the perfect match and somehow more pale than Y225). Lately I've been blending the two with more parts of Y245 in the mix. The coverage is medium for the liquid and my skin is definitely evened out. It is not streaky and the finish is satin.


Application and Wear:
As always, I blended the liquid foundation on with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I wouldn't suggest putting too many layers on since it removes the lightweight feel. At the end of the day, I'm not rushing to wash this off and still feel quite comfortable with it on. This dries down quite well and I'm confident enough about it to go without powdering. MUFE suggest using a their Step 1 Primers undernead and (as I'm sure any primer use would) this does make a difference in the smoothness of application. This does accentuates dry areas. Most foundations do, but not only were larger flaky skin areas accentuated (like normal) but the micro-dryiness that happens right on the top layer of skin that isn't visible to the naked eye. You have to be up close to really notice, but there you go.

MUFE Ultra HD Foundation Review
Before
MUFE Ultra HD Foundation Review
After
MUFE Ultra HD Foundation Review
Before
MUFE Ultra HD Foundation Review
After
Overall: 
For a medium coverage foundation, this has been quite lightweight on the skin! I prefer the liquid formula over the stick because of the consistency and color match. Color matching, even with their 40 shades, is still not 100% perfect but its very close. Overall, I like how perfected and flawless my skin looks and I really feel it too. At conversation distance, my skin looks really awesome. If you are looking for something medium coverage or are used to light coverage foundations, this would be a good place to start!

MUFE Ultra HD Foundation Review

Have you tried this new foundation from Make Up For Ever?

0 comments:

Post a Comment