Saturday 10 January 2015

On Soul Sucking Rain and Weather Inspired Shadows

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows rosewood pale barley swatch review

There is nothing quite as soul sucking as the rain in Vancouver. After 40 straight days of rain, even the most aviophobic would be happy to fly down to California to steal some sunshine. But if any other population could compete for dreariest place to live, it might just have to be the Brits where they have the lovely prospect of rain for about a third of the year (suckas).


Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows rosewood pale barley swatch review

The only thing the weather in Vancouver inspires me to do is to cautiously toe the line of the 'leggings aren't pants' conundrum and to find the best patterned umbrella to scrape some glimmer of happiness during torrential rain storms. Sticking legging-ed feet into giant wellies and whipping out that permanently ready umbrella during a downpour makes me feel almost human. But, unlike me, the Brits have managed to make nice with their awful weather situation and have turned it into inspiration for Burberry's sheer eyeshadow range. That is why I'm not in the arts, ladies and gents. Give me a dire situation, and I will not rise above. There is no silver lining. The glass is half empty. Santa does not exist.

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows rosewood pale barley swatch review

I'm never going to embrace the wet deluge that are the months of September to...June in Vancouver (which is all the more reason to stay in Toronto). I could take a lesson from Burberry and try to make some lemonade, while shaking my fist at the skygods...or I can just appreciate these shadows just as they are and Pale Barley and Rosewood are a nice introduction to this line of blendable and sheer (but not that sheer) colors. Encased in a hefty classic plaid patterned magnetic metal case, each plaid imprinted single comes with a mini sponge applicator in a velvet plaid (yet again) imprinted pouch.

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows rosewood pale barley swatch review

Unknowingly these colors were quite similar and I bought both via blog sales. I may not be able to wrap myself in a Burberry trench just yet but my eyes will be on point and perfectly matched to my environs. I guess that's a small success while I wring out my shirt and hang up my coat to dry. The packaging on these has got to be one of my favorites and I am compelled to collect more since the pigment is just so soft and buttery. Yes, more, even though the amount of shadows I have now I outrageous. Maybe they'll help me love the rain...doubtful.

Have you tried the Burberry shadows?

Daily Zen: Yes I know its cold out, but I still love looking at the contestants from the Harbin International Ice Festival each year. Those ice sculptures are CRAZY!!!!!

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment