Tuesday 14 January 2014

The Procrastinatng Beauty Blogger Tag

credit

For me, tags are cheat posts. Posts where, if I don't have time, I can do one up really quickly and still keep on schedule. Some are interesting to do and mostly I appreciate getting tagged not only because, it's great to connect with other bloggers, but it gives me something to work with if I'm a bit occupied and can't get my head together to make a proper post. Like right now, as I type this up on Saturday, I'm panicking about the slide deck I have to prepare for an interview. *shakes fists at the bureacracy*
 I'm le stressed.
Anyways,

Thanks to Iqra for tagging me. You're an awesome possum.

1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do?
I don't know...buff my nails? Anything nail related. Couldn't be bothered.

2. Is washing your make-up brushes something you do regularly?
I've been trying to achieve a once a week sort of routine. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes I realized its been a couple of weeks and my blush brush is now covered in all kinds of colors and I'm sort of looking like a clown 'cause maybe I was a bit over zealous or in a hurry and I just didn't understand the meaning of blending that morning.
It happens to the best of us.

3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
Nail polishes chip or get dented within 5 mins of application on me. No matter the formula. I'm that special. For one thing, I never wait between application of layers. I also tend to do it just before bed time which results in fabric imprints on my nails the next morning. I could pass it off as purposeful but really..it's not. 

4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?
Hmm. - 5 days? As in 5 days before something is up, I will probably already have a back up. I'm sure the rest of you have this same issue. I'm trying to think about something I've really let go to the very end but honestly nothing comes to mind.

5. What is your worst beauty habit?
Picking at my face. I'm sure most of my flaky skin areas are due to this. If only the bf would let me pick at his face instead.

6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time.
 In general, I'm a planner so I don't really put things off....little things maybe like running an errand but it will never be the case that a deadline has passed and I haven't done it yet. My friends joke (and somewhat accurately) that I'm always done my assignments even before they've started. I can't help it if I'm timely ok.

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?
No. I never get ready at the last minute. 
In fact, if the occasion is important enough, I'll most likely have thought about exactly how I will get ready the day before if not a few days before.
This is like a life rule.
I'm sure I'm starting to sound more than a little crazy right now. LOL.

8. Can you commit to spending bans?
Yes I can actually. One year I told myself I wouldn't buy anything unnecessary for 3 months and I really didn't. Surprisingly I find it easier to avoid spending in the beginning of the year but somehow that ability dwindles after summer. I think its all the sales. There should be a study. Currently I'm on a pseudo ban, but I hate that word. There's so much negative connotation and it seems so harsh. 

9. How organized is your make up and nail polish collection?
Organized enough so that it functions. I have a three drawer storage system. Each drawer has a different category of products so in general, that's pretty organized. Then I have some jars on my desk which hold brushes and pencil type objects. 

WHEW.  Sorry for the rushed post. I tag you. No, really.
It may not be obvious, but I'm not really a procrastinator LOL. If it weren't evident already from the intro paragraph...I'm typing this up on a Saturday, to be on time for a post due on Tuesday! Oh god. (To be fair, the interview is on Tuesday.)

Deep breaths.

0 comments:

Post a Comment