Thursday 16 January 2014

MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner - Waveline


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I feel like I haven't done a product review in SO LONG. To start of my first review of the year, here is MAC's Fluidline in a wonderous navy, "Waveline".

MAC fluidline gel eyeliner waveline swatch review
MAC fluidline gel eyeliner waveline swatch review

MAC Fluidlines are gel eyeliners (~$18CDN) and a brush is necessary for application. They are advertised as an ultra-smooth gel formula which provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier softer finish. This product is suppose to go on 'foolproof' with a brush and is long wearing and smudge-proof. In addition, you can always use these as a base for eyeshadow. Waveline is a bright navy with gold microshimmer. To me, the microshimmer is very hard to detect (you can't even see it in the swatch.)

I have MAC's fluidline in Blacktrack and have consistently loved using it. The gel formula goes on very sharply especially when I'm using the MAC 266 eyeliner brush. For the the opacity of Blacktrack is the ultimate way to achieve a sexy-cat eye liner look.

When I was in undergrad, a classmate did my makeup for an event and she used Waveline on me. Ever since then, EVER SINCE THEN!!!, I've lusted after this bright navy blue. This liner looks incredible with matte brown shadows, instantly sophisticated and trendy. I've also worn this to work. The navy really isn't too glaring and a thinner line still feels office appropriate.

Having said that, there's something weird about the jar I have. The formula is a bit more liquid or melted (?) than my Blacktrack and sometimes it takes a few swipes of the brush for the gel to cling together for full opacity. I'm not sure if it's just the one I have or if all Wavelines are like this. I'm half considering leaving the lid a bit ajar and letting it dry up a little. Once it's on though, there is no budging and it wears all day for me without smudges.

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner color and I think having a navy liner is a great way to experiment with colors in a safe way. This one is especially good since the gel formula is (more or less) opaque. 

Are there other navy eyeliners I need to know about? How do you feel about colorred eyeliners for work? Is your Waveline more melty than your Blacktrack?

Daily Zen: You know that feeling when you're finally getting back into blogging and it's like awesome! It wasn't like I took a break but writing this review up was very satisfying since I've been thinking about it for a lloooonggg time now.

Follow me on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment