Tuesday 28 January 2014

Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream

I've been wanting to try this cream for a long time and finally I got my hands on it when I went to Korea!

Etude House's Moistfull Collagen Cream review

Etude House's Moistfull Collagen Cream (~$10CND if you buy it in Korea) is advertised as being a concentrated moisturizer that will penetrate deep into the skin to hydrate and firm, producing youthful, watery, bouncy skin. It is formulated without parabens, benzophenons, mineral oils or talc (it does have dimethicone though). It features hydrolized marine collagen, and Baobab Leaf mucus in its ingredient list. I'm sure there's a whole bunch of other claims but I can't read the Korean that's on the box.

I wanted to get this because I heard that it was Etude House' response to Cliniques Moisture Surge Moisturizer. I have use the Clinique version before and wasn't completely wow-ed by the level of moisture it was giving, especially since that was it's main advertising factor. Both creams have light gel textures. Considering the big price difference, I much prefer the Etude House version.

I use this primarily as a day cream. I don't think it has a lot of bells and whistles but it does a good job of providing moisture. The gel soaks in quite easily and you don't need a lot. It doesn't feel greasy and it absorbs quickly into the skin. I actually quite like how it glides on when I apply it and my skin does feel softer after use. There is a slight scent but it's not overwhelming. Sometimes, I'll slather quite a good amount on and sort of use it as a mask. 

I think this would be good for normal to slightly dry skin. Water is the second ingredient so I don't think those with oily skin should be afraid. It won't mattify but it hasn't made me any oiler or given me breakouts. Those with major major dryness will need to look elsewhere especially if you're looking for fast results. 

I would recommend this if you're looking for a basic gel moisturizer that is comfortable and provides decent moisture. I would not recommend this if you're looking for something heavy duty or with lots of extra serums and special add ons.

Etude House's Moistfull Collagen Cream review

Have you tried this product or the Clinique Moisture Surge?

Follow me on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment