Thursday 9 January 2014

In the Moment #3: Holiday Re-Cap or the Week When I Ate Everything

As always, spending time in Vancouver is such a treat for me, especially around the Holiday time. Even though it's been about a week since I've returned from my trip I'd like to recap my time there.




I spent the majority of my time with my partner, the bf, David. I'm pretty lucky since David is quite happy to cook while I put on makeup. Usually we cook together though. I love this roasting tray and especially the roasted broccoli we make in it. 

David took myself and a few friends out to Cafe Medina (56 Beatty Street, Vancouver). I have wanted to go to this place for the LONGEST TIME. It was just as delicious as I had been told.




Having a yearning for Chinese Claypot Chicken Rice for longest time, David and I finally tried our hand at making it (with a Chinese Claypot of course). It turned out a bit soggy. We still haven't figured out the perfect timing of when the rice is done enough to put the chicken in.


And of course, I only really eat sushi when I'm back home. We went to Sushi Mart which is a sustainable sushi restaurant located in the West End.


Families get togethers are a given and this year, instead of having yet another epic prime rib roast at my Uncle's (my heart cried), we went out to a Chinese Restaurant to celebrate the Holidays. Hello 10 course meals....



As my Christmas Gift, David made reservations to two very popular restaurants. We ate first at Forage which prides itself on a local and sustainable menu. We also went to Fable which has a 'from farm to table' concept. I'm still trying to figure out how to to take photos in low light without flash. It's a work in progress, so I didn't capture any of the AWESOME food we had a Fable. Here's a bison burger we had at Forage though.


Finally, on Christmas day, my brother proved to be a considerable opponent for David. They tied most games and though David mostly always wins at Hive,  they had the longest game he's ever played and it ended in a stalemate.



And I didn't take a photo but I had a SECOND turkey because David made one at his place too.

Not surprisingly, I always come back to Toronto with a few more pounds. :{P.

Tell me how much you like food too! If you're in Vancouver, I recommend all the restaurants.

Follow me on: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment