Saturday 2 July 2016

Kat Von D Shade and Light* Decision Making


Since the Kat von D's Mi Vida Loca Remix palette and Metal Shadows, I've been paying more attention to her eyeshadows. The latest are the Shade and Light palettes ($34CDN, 4 shades each) (Instagram teasers are coming out for a Serpentina palette and Too Faced collabs but I have no idea when those will launch) and I was instantly drawn to Sage* and Plum*.


I received all four! Since I am trying my best to declutter, I knew I had to be judicious about which to keep. I have the ridiculous issue of wanting to keep things when I've used them once even if I only like, and not love, them. If I don't swatch or touch it, I can pretend it doesn't exist.


I admit to using them all. My curiosity got the best of me. All shades in all quads kick up a lot of powder. I had to blow excess off the palettes to keep the clean. The shades are opaque and pigmented and they blend well. Not amazingly but better than generic mattes. I do find slight blending problems with the greys in the Smoke palette though.


My favourite color is the green in Sage. 


The Plum quad also was quite nice and I'm have a hard to giving it up. The colors in Rust are so 'now', many palettes have this color range.


The whole purpose of these palettes is to teach how colors can shade and contour your eyes. I followed the suggested placement with Sage but it wasn't quite what I preferred. With the others, I use the palettes my own way instead.



Though they kick up powder, the color combinations are well thoughout. Of the four, I am definitely passing Smoke along but I'm still deciding on the rest. The colors are really drawing me in, even though these mattes aren't performing quite the same as those in the Kat von D Mi Vida Loca palette.

Which color combination is your favorite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment