Monday 16 June 2014

In the Moment #9: #AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

If Julie weren't such an awesome Beauty Wingwoman I wouldn't get invited to events. Most of the time I'm a beauty hobo and will paw at the scraps to be a "+1" and more often than not, I'm Julie's. Thanks dude. Most recently, I attended Annabelle's launch of their new brand ambassador Shenae Grimes-Beech of Degrassi, The Next Generation and 902010 fame. Though Julie had gotten me "on the list" like the pro that she is, she unfortunately couldn't make on the day. Neither could Nicole, who was also slated to attend. Sad faces all around.

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

 What do launch parties entail? If you're Annabelle, they entail Make Your Own Custom Gloss Stations which was a great way for me to try out the Annabelle Big Show Lip Shine formula. I can see why it won a 2014 Elle Canada Beauty Award and I made a pretty great orange shimmery lip gloss. Trying it out at home the next day made me wish I had taken some from the Help Yourself Product Display.

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

It also means bumping into more than a handful of other bloggers, like Maggie...

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

...and a full sized Annabelle display which got ransacked and emptied by the evening's end since you could take whatever it was you wanted.

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

Let's not forget that food is always present and there was poutine...

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

...and mini pulled porked and fried chicken sliders.
(Oh look! It's Renee, who runs Beauty Panel for Fashion Magazine.)

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

And a party isn't a party without a photobooth.

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

But I think one of the highlights was finally meeting Alicia who I've been reading since the very start of my interest in beauty and on who's blog I have guest posted.

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

Though we missed Julie, Steph and I had a great time hang out, scoping the crowd and just being part of the event.

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

And finally, what is a beauty party without some sort of goodie bag.

#AnnabelleXShenae Launch Party

0 comments:

Post a Comment