Tuesday 5 August 2014

Sample Killah Recap

You may recall that Kalyn Lord and company were having a massive sample killing spree this last July. Take a look at her recap post! I'm a bit suprised by how much of my own stash I went through as well though it took some creative uses to get through some.


Week 1 Kills: 19


Strategy: If it's too expensive full sized, then use up the sample any way.
I'm not going to spend $$$ on YSL Youth Liberator Facial Moisturizer so instead of using some of these luxury sample packets as they were intended, a lot were smoothed onto other body parts than my face.

The Elizabeth Arden Ceramide capsules were awful for my face. So I used them for hair conditioner since they were full of silicones. I quite liked all the Vichy sunscreens.

Week 2 Kills: 10


Strategy: Try and use up some makeup samples 
The execution of the Dior Addict lipstick sample worked out quite well! Never seen a sample you had to kiss on before. As expected I was not wowed by Glam Glow. Quite liked the scents of the Skinue Dry Skin Lotion and the Vichy ProEven Dark Spot Corrector.

Week 3 Kills: 11


Strategy: Tackle some of the bigger samples that week.
Finished the Fekkai Brilliant Glossing set and one of my By Kilian fragrance samples (so sad...). The Skinue Massage Gel was nice but not strong enough.

Week 4 Kills: 5


Strategy: Use up stuff I won't buy.
Same as week one. I didn't try this hard for the last week because a lot of the samples I have remaining are ones I want to use properly or was given good amount of. I had three small satches of the Lancome Renergie French Lift which I thought I would get through but that cream is so thick. It took 4 nights to really use up one foily.

Total Kills: 47

How do you feel about your sample killing this month?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment