Sunday 24 August 2014

August Guest Post: Laura's Favorite Purples

Hi everyone! I'm Laura from Beyond Blush, and today I'm very happy to be guest posting on A Beautiful Zen! This month, the CBB guest post theme is purple... so I'll be sharing my favourite purple beauty products with you today. I really love purple makeup, it's a colour I wear almost daily, whether it be as blush, eyeliner, or both!

Favourite Purple Beauty Products


I find purple to be a really pretty colour to wear on the eyes, especially when I pair it with a brown/neutral shadow. NARS' Strada Eye Shadow has been a long-time favourite, it's a gorgeous light purple with grey undertones and golden shimmer. The formula is super creamy, pigmented, and long-wearing! LancĂ´me's Artliner 24H Bold Color Precision Eyeliner in Amethyst is a stunning liquid liner with bold pigmentation. Amethyst is a shimmery deep purple at would look great on green, blue, or brown eyes. Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Tetra is one of my faves to wear on my lower lash line. This liner is a deep purple with brown undertones, making it a subtle pop of colour. 

Favourite Purple Beauty Products

Purple is also a fun colour to wear on your lips - it might sound intimidating, but it can be really flattering! I've been loving L'Oreal's Extraordinaire by Colour Riche in Purple Prelude, which is a gorgeous muted purple/mauve that I find quite easy to pull off. This formula from L'Oreal is creamy, hydrating, and very comfortable to wear. Almay's Liquid Lip Balm in Lilac Love is a pinky purple liquid lip balm, so it's a great way to ease into the colour purple. This formula from Almay is creamy and feels light on my lips. 

Finally, I love a good purple blush, but they can be hard to come by. Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Bold Blush in Tantalizing is one of my all time favourite blushes, it's just gorgeous. This formula is sheer but very buildable, and it looks amazing it pictures. 

Favourite Purple Beauty Products Swatches
L-R: Marc Jacobs, NARS, Lancome, Stila, Almay, L'Oreal

Are you also a fan of purple when it comes to beauty products? I would love to hear how you rock the colour purple, and what your favourite purple beauty products are! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment