Tuesday 22 October 2013

So Close!!!


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I'm sure we've all had a few products that seem to cling on for dear life. Either you feel like you've been using them forever or you just can't believe how long it has taken you to finish a decent amount. I'm nearing the life of a handful of things and just wanted to share what I'm excited about finally finishing. 

The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel
This shower gel has been lounging in my shower stall for a little under a year now and I'm still not done with it. I thought I would love it when I took a whiff of it in the shop but really it's just so-so when you use it in the shower. I'm getting to the point where I'm squeezing bigger than average dollops onto my loofah in an attempt to finish it up.

EOS Sweet Mint Lip Balm
I did a short mention of these in an older post. I've been using this everyday since I've gotten it and I'm pretty sure its been about 4 months, if not more, since I've been using it and I'm getting excitingly near the end. It seems to have gotten better now that I'm into the core of it. It's taken a while to get to this point and really, for the price, that shouldn't be the case. Still underwhelmed and can't wait to finish it up.

MAC's Buried Treasure Powerpoint Eye Pencil
I've had this liner for 5 years now and I STILL HAVEN'T USED IT UP!!! Hoooowwww?? I really love the color and will most likely repurchase once I finish a few more in my stash but I can't believe it's taken me this long...

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Demolition
I'm really glad I picked up last year's UD Xmas liner set since it introduced me to the wonderful wonderful world of Demolition. I think I've used this practically everyday (as evidenced by my instragram). I've already repurchased this but, like the MAC liner, can't believe how long this has lasted.

Benefit's High Beam
I bought this mini in a trio along with Posie and Benetint (I'm not even sure they sell that trio anymore) and I went through a "project 10 pan" phase last xmas where I tried my damnedest to use it up. Still there...I swear it replenishes itself a bit every night... I've fallen out of love with it but I'm going to try my best to finish this up.

Thierry Mugler Womanity Sample
This perfume has notes of fig and caviar which worked for me in Vancouver but doesn't seem to work in Toronto. It's sillage is also pretty strong so it wafts around and after you. I'm pretty close to being done and just want to put this in my empties stash. I'm a bit hesitant since it doesn't translate as well here as it did back home.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
 I have lots of mini hand creams and have been on a pretty consistent mission to decrease the stash. My main efforts are currently being concentrated on this L'Occitane hand cream. So close!!!!!!!

Becca Ever-Matte Pore-less Priming Perfecter
I picked this up at Sephora using up 100pts. Sometimes I feel like its not worth redeeming for the 100pt items 'cause you can get samples w/o using up points. Either way, I got to test this primer out and though it does make your skin more matte, it doesn't spread easily unless you spend some time warming it up (more time that I'd like to spend in the mornings). It also didn't really fill in pores that well. 

Is it weird to get excited about being close to using up products? Do you have items that are really clinging onto life?

Daily Zen: This past weekend I spent 2 hrs (only b/c of detours) on a bus to get to this place for some delicious delicious brunch. Crepe Croque Monsieur was the item of choice. So yum :)

Find me on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment