Tuesday 8 October 2013

L'Oreal 24hr Infallible Eyeshadows Roundup


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I did a roundup of the Maybelline Color Tattoos here so I thought I would showcase another eyeshadow line that I really enjoy. These are the L'Oreal 24hr Infallible Eyeshadows.

l'oreal 24hr infallible eyeshadow review swatch amber rush tender caramel bronze divine purple obsession

I would absolutely die to own a Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow. Since they are a bit pricey (around $40) L'oreal (which is Giorgio Armani's parent company) has released a more affordable line in a similar formula (the Infallible line is about $12CDN).

l'oreal 24hr infallible eyeshadow review swatch amber rush tender caramel bronze divine purple obsession

The product claims to be velvety with 24 hr creaseless waterproof hold. The binders in the formula create a product thats somewhere between a cream and a powder. You can apply them dry or wet for more intense color. I find applying them dry already gives such good color pay off that I have never used them wet. I wouldn't say they last 24hrs since I've never tested that claim but after 12hrs they're still on my lids with only slight creasing.

As it claims, the shadows are quite velvety to the touch. I apply these using my fingers by rubbing some out of the pot and tapping it onto my lids. They blend quite well (with the exception of Purple Obsession which was slightly patchy) and are another easy product to use in a hurry. I've even combined them with the Maybelline Tattoos for hurried mornings. According to Temptalia, not all of the shadows in this line are created equal. Some apply more patchy and with less pigment than others. I would refer to her swatches if you're interested in picking these up.

The colors I own are:
l'oreal 24hr infallible eyeshadow review swatch amber rush tender caramel bronze divine purple obsession

Have you tried this line? Or have you tried the Giorgio Armani ones?

Daily Zen: So I finally went apple picking in Stouffield this past weekend. What am I going to do with more than 10lbs of apples? Not entirely sure. However, apple chips may be in order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment