Thursday 14 February 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips: Peach Kiss, Pink Punch and Grape Vine


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

My lips have been so chapped in the Toronto cold that these were the perfect thing to test out.

maybelline baby lips peach fuzz pink punch grape vine review lip balm

You know, it's great just to have sheer lip products to pop on when you aren't really in the mood for putting together your 'face'. I realized that I tend to grab my more sheer and balmy lip products more often than others which made me curious to try these the other day. I have to give a shout out to the color coordination on the package. Do you see the teal/hot pink combo on Grape Vine!? These are so cute! If nothing else, these will look so great when I whip them out of my purse. Because we all know, that matters...

maybelline baby lips lip balm lip swatchs peach kiss pink punch grape vine
Maybelline Baby Lips Peach Kiss, Pink Punch, and Grape Vine 
maybelline baby lips lip balm lip swatchs peach kiss pink punch grape vine
Peach Kiss, Pink Punch and Grape Vine
Peach Kiss is a nude-brown with slight shimmer. Pink Punch is a light pink. Grape Vine is a grape/berry color. If you're expecting to get what you see in the tube onto your lips, you are mistaken. These apply sheer and give just a hint of the color in the tube. However, you can build up the color. At first the smell is great, especially Grape Vine! (Funny I seem to be mentioning that one a lot.) It reminds me of grape Kool-Aid. But after a while, there's a slight artificial smell that lingers which isn't entirely pleasant to me. They do last quite a few hours on the lips and achieve their goal of being a lip balm.

maybelline baby lips lip balm lip swatchs peach kiss pink punch grape vine bare lips
Slight tint, barely noticeable. Bare lips, Peach Kiss, Pink Punch, Grape Vine
These are a good tint/lip balm product but for the price, there are probably better offerings on the market. I've seen a few of my friends use the tinted Nivea balms and the Burt's Bees balms. The color pay off on those seem much better and they're cheaper too! I do have to say that the packaging really draws you in but do try and resist. All in all, not bad to pick up if I find them on sale.

What's your favorite tinted lipbalm?