Sunday 26 July 2015

Further Adventures in Hoarding or Being a Collector


I've already concluded that I've deluded myself about travel palettes, but I still have a few unexplained palette purchase. Eyeshadow palettes will alway be tempting but, by looking at my cheek palettes, I've taken makeup hoarding to the whole new level of becoming a Collector.

I've had the hardest time selling my NARSxGuy Bourdin cheek palette. I waffled about it endlessly and finally placed it on the blog sale. But my irrational self wouldn't let me give it up for less than my selling price. Even then, I wavered with a few potential buyers on Craigslist and Kijiji. You have no idea how often I've looked at the palette, which I've barely used, and said, "I wish I knew how to quit you!"


Thinking about my latest blush palette purchases, the Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot and Tarte's Pin Up Girl Palette, I've reached a conclusion. Both weren't super exciting to me yet I picked them up anyways just out of curiosity. Makeup purchases are no longer just about acquisition but also about collecting from different brands. I need to admit that, I want to try everyone's formula, in a variety of shades, and bonus marks if it can be done as economically as possible.

The thing about being a Collector is that, unless you're a collector yourself, you won't understand the appeal of placing things in boxes to sit on shelves untouched. It doesn't make sense to anyone else but you and more often than not, other people will classify your collection as clutter, excessive or a waste of money . This realization leads to a conundrum. There is a fight between what is or is not an ideal level of makeup satisfaction. If this involves a reference library of makeup then I need to kill the slight nagging feeling that, I have "too many things". But if I truly believe in paring down, then...well, I'd better put some of these on sale once I get my collection all together when I move back home. What to do...what to do...

When was the last time you battled with this? Are you a Collector?

Let's Connect:



0 comments:

Post a Comment