Wednesday 8 July 2015

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Equalizer Choices

make up for ever mufe step 1 equalizer mattifying primer redness correcting primer review swatch
 Though I was given the opportunity to try all 10 of the MUFE Equalizer primers, I keep coming back to these two. The Mattifying Primer and the Redness Correcting Primer are both from the texture correcting set (though really, why is the latter in that category?) and just seem to work for me right now.


make up for ever mufe step 1 equalizer mattifying primer redness correcting primer review swatch

My main makeup concerns always revolve around oiliness and the bit of redness on my cheeks. Sometimes I have enlarged pores and sometimes dryness but I always attack those problems with skincare rather than makeup. Oiliness and redness though, doesn't seem to change much regardless of skincare so I'm willing to solve these with everyday topical fixes.

Each of the Equalizers ($43CDN, 30ml) is formulated with Hyaluronic Acid, Vederine and ActiTensor 3D. These ingredients help hydrate, firm, even and smooth skin. MUFE also has a few of their texture equalizers in a smaller $20CDN, 15ml option! You are supposed to use the Mattifying Primer* after other primers but I use it under everything else and only on my T-zone/oilier areas. I would say it does a good job. I keeps me matte for a maybe an hour or two more. Warming it up with my fingers a little seems to give me better results. I let it sit on my finger for a while and rub it between two fingers before applying it. 

make up for ever mufe step 1 equalizer mattifying primer redness correcting primer review swatch

I use the Redness Correcting Primer* only on my cheeks. It has a good amount of slip which makes it blend out thinly. It doesn't cover really intense redness but does diminish the overall redness of the area. Foundation, even a light coverage one, is still needed to really make your face a solid slate of color. Still, I use it because it's does help but maybe a slightly thicker formula would be better for coverage. 

In general, these do what they say and I'm happy to continue using this combination. I like the brightening effect the Redness Correcting Primer gives and the way that the Mattifying Primer keeps me matte a little longer now that we're approaching summer. I also appreciate the fact that the Mattifying Primer spreads out, something the Becca mattiyfing primer really didn't do.

Do you use primers? If so, what types do you look for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment