Thursday 2 July 2015

Peanut Butter, Apple, Celery, Edamame Salad over Buckwheat Noodles


After trying a few an interesting salad via a vegetarian friend of David's, I've really been getting into the salad thing and not only that, but trying out different things I've never used before. Way too much of a fan of peanut butter, I found this Peanut Butter, Celery, Apple, Edamame Salad.


I didn't have maple syrup so used honey which worked well but made the dressing just slightly more thick than it would have been maybe. I didn't have green apples so used a Mitsu instead. 


The dressing is thick and I was lazy to use a spoon so I mixed it up with my hands. The final product was crunchy, sweet and a bit tarte from the apples. The main focus seems to be, proportionally, the celery, which I could have done with out.  I really love Edamame and bought a huge box of them which I found in the freezer aisle at Costco. Next time I would up the amount of Edamame and maybe add some other crunchy veggie but nothing as hard as carrots.


The salad by itself makes for a great snack and it's not bad for you either. There's a good dose of protein and fibre here. When used it as topping over my buckwheat noodles, it was filling but needed just a bit more of something. Canned tuna would have been a great addition to round this out to a true entree dish and the Sriracha I drizzled over it (in lieu of the jalapenos called for in the recipe) made for good contrast against the sweet dressing.

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment