Thursday 16 July 2015

Blushing On Demand

*Gifted

Dior Cheek and Lip Glow swatch review

If I could mimic, on demand, that almost-there glow that comes from being just a touch embarrassed, standing too close to your crush or having jogged slightly to catch the bus, I would. That little bit of blush tells people, yes there's blood rushing through these veins and it can make me look darn cute. But honestly, any of those three situations are too emotionally and physically unstabilizing for my preference and I would rather not exert myself to look attractively alive. I hear pinching your cheeks is an option, but in this day and age, that's a bit too vintage for me.
Dior Cheek and Lip Glow swatch review

There's nothing wrong with vintage. Vintage gives you a bit of street cred with the hipsters and it's great for up-cycling used clothing items but we've got technology, ladies. And we've got makeup. And we've got Dior's Cheek and Lip Glow* ($39 CDN, 0.33oz) which works double time on the lips and cheeks to give me on demand glow.

Dior Cheek and Lip Glow swatch review

The Glow has a fluid gel formula that produces a 'fresh-faced rosy look" and is applied with a ball/bulb shaped applicator. The gel reacts to the skin's moisture to produce a customized flush.

On the cheeks: The formula is an interesting thin gel texture, almost like a face serum. Dotting a few spots on my cheeks and immediately blending with my finger can blend the color out too much and in general this product stains my fingers very easily. The trick seems to be getting an even layer of gel onto the cheeks to avoid the uneven cheek staining that comes with uneven application. Use a bit more than you think you need, spread it out in a thin layer, pause for a bit to allow the stain to take hold, and then blend it out some more. If you build it up, the color does produce a very very pretty flush but unfortunately it does fade during the day.

On the lips: The color showed up a lot better on the lips. It's not a moisturizing formula and not immediately drying but my lips got more dry than normal through the day. The color intensity seemed to die down a little as well. Just a touch larger than the Dior nail varnishes, the Glow fits nicely into my handbag, which at least makes for easy touch-ups.

Dior Cheek and Lip Glow swatch review

The color this produces is so on point. It's really the perfect shade of "hello I'm not a zombie and yes, I'm super adorable" in a very effortless natural sort of way. I love the color this produces but I wish it lasted a bit longer on the cheeks and wasn't quite so finicky to work with. Granted, my excess of products means a similar color is probably lying around to meet this same end but the duo-use nature of the Glow makes perfectly matched lips and cheeks that much easier. Not a must have, but if you don't mind re-applying, carrying some lip balm around and are wanting 'pretty with ease' then this might be worth your dollars. Give it a think...or run half a block, up to you!

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment