Thursday 30 July 2015

Illamasqua Lipsticks: Climax, Posture and Underworld

illamasqua lipsticks swatch review climax posture underworld

I'm pretty pleased that I picked up some of Illamasqua's lip products during the big Bay clearance last year. A lot of the colors are a bit outrageous and not-office-appropriate but I managed to choose a few that were slightly safer and very interesting.

illamasqua lipsticks swatch review climax posture underworld

Most of their line is matte and some have a duochrome finish. Climax is a matte MLBB rose-pink, Posture is a matte light lavender and Underworld is sheeny pink-purple-magenta that has a slight duochrome tinge towards blue. It's such a hard color to describe and definitely turns heads. Very unique!

illamasqua lipsticks swatch review climax

illamasqua lipsticks swatch review posture

illamasqua lipsticks swatch review underworld

illamasqua lipsticks swatch review climax posture underworld

These are all a bit stiffer than I expected. So stiff in fact, that Underworld broke off in the tube when I applied it. But a few swipes gets you strong color pigmentation that lasts (albeit reapplication to even out the color after meals is necessary). These weren't drying, even with the matte formula, but you can definitely feel the waxiness. 

Overall I'm generally pleased. A bit more glide would have been nice but somehow I don't mind how pasted on these feel. They feel more locked in than most other lipsticks I've tried

Do you like this formula? Which ones do you have?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment