Saturday 23 November 2013

Sometimes I'm wrong: Purple Lipsticks


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

If you remember my Autumn Picks post, I had predicted that oranges and orangey reds would be my companions through the blustery days. But, what I've actually been reaching for, has surprisingly been a bit cooler.


Not sure why, but Rimmel's Vintage Pink has been getting love quite often these last couple of weeks. It's a great cool purple toned mauve! A wanting more purple in my life spurred a rummage around the lipstick drawer for some other such shades in my stash. Some good contenders for the current purple/purple-berry toned mood also include Revlon's Matte Balm in Shameless, Maybelline's Color Whisper in A Plum Prospect, and OCC's Liptar in Lydia.

revlon matte balm stain shameless occ liptar lydia maybelline a plum prospect rimmel vintage pink swatches

I haven't really worn Shameless outside. I've tested it around the house and it is definitely a bold color. The picture doesn't show how dark it actually is in real life. It's one of those colors that, when I put it on, will elicit the "well...you're not getting kissed today...." comment from the bf. Kissing would mean he would also end up wearing the same color which he likes to avoid. I've considered bringing around make-up wipes to solve this issue but since we don't see each other that often, I'm more or less allowed to wear whatever color I like most of the time.

I can't explain it. I'm just sort of feeling this shade at the moment. Maybe the love I had for warmer winter shades last year has cooled. Cooled so much that I'm reaching for lipsticks that I want to pair with pale skin and smokey grey eyes. That might be a bit too much for work, but on the plus side, these not-my-usual-MLBB colors have been getting a bit more love lately.

Have you been in weird makeup moods lately? Using things you wouldn't normally be going for?

Daily Zen: I'm gonna watch the lastest Hunger Games today and I'm pretty excited. I figuratively ate all those books up two Christmases ago. So much so I had to tell the bf to come over only when I wasn't reading because I knew I would be ignoring him. Have you read them/watched the movie?

0 comments:

Post a Comment