Thursday 21 November 2013

In the Moment #1: Creatures of Habit

A reader mentioned that they would like to see more 'Day in the Life' posts. But whyyyyy??? Since this request is an easy one to fill, be prepared to be stupefied by the domesticity of my every day.

Actually this weekend was slightly atypical since I went over to one of my best friend's places and had a sleep over. Oh man, sleep overs. I remember when I use to impose them and movie marathons onto my friends. It's been a long time since I've stayed over at a friend's house and we started the evening off right with some takeout pho and some cake. Cakemix cake for the win! LOL I remember when cake-mix cake was the only type of 'cake' I made.


We then did what all domestic 20 sometimes do and went for the weekly round of grocery shopping. Apparently my friends have a pretty set routine of grocery shopping and bubble tea each friday. Frankly I think that's brilliant but I can see how them youngun's would think we were terrible bores. I got treated to a trip to T&T (no joke, this is a treat for me) where we deliberated between the dumplings that were on sale. (Because why would you buy them when they're full price.)


Finally, we capped off the evening by a riveting game of Carcassonne. Let it be known that I won. (I get competitive.)


The next day we decided to go on an excursion to St. Lawrence Market. Honestly, being surrounded by fresh produce farmers, butchers and bakers makes me giddy. I commented on how pretty cuts of meat were and stopped when I realized I sounded crazy.


And on Sunday, I went to the Santa Claus Parade in Toronto. This was the first time I'd ever gone to a Christmas parade and it was sort of a weird one. I was expecting more density and more Christmas themed floats but it was a lot of prancing animals and random floats. The most random being a float with giant figures of One Direction. I did enjoy the marching bands though. I enjoy percussion instruments in general.


So there you go. That was my weekend. I promise more interesting things will be featured in the future but honestly my life consists mostly of work and buying groceries. Hahah! I hope your days are more exciting than mine :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment