Thursday 7 November 2013

Something Important: Polysporin Eye Ointment


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

OK. This is not a glamorous post. But it is a necessary one!!!

This is also an atypical post since it's more rambling than normal and there really isn't anything to it, except to vent my frustration. 

For the past three or so weeks, my right eyelid has been puffy, flaky and itchy. Has this happened to you?????? 

I'm pretty awful about going to the doctor sometimes. Half of it is not wanting to wait in line at the clinic. Half of it is wondering which province is actually covering my medicare and being scared I'm going to get a huge-ass bill come tax time.

But, like my mom always said..
When you've got to go, you've got to go (taken out of context...but still. You know what I mean).

My eye was pretty itchy and by, pretty, I mean, flaming with the itch of a 1000x curses that only come from having trampled over some dead gypsy women's grave....or something.. and I knew I had to do something about it. (Eyes, they be important).

Popping into the doc's office informed me that I might have a stye or a potential eye infection. My tear ducts were clogged. They suggested I pick up Polysporin Eye Ointment which might help the situation. Did you know Polysporin makes an Eye Ointment????!! I didn't!

I also needed to put a warm towel on my eye for a couple of minutes every half an hour for a day. So far, I've failed at this since I keep forgetting but the few times I've done it, it has seemed to help. This helps clear up the ducts which have become gummed up with tears that have become waxy.

I'm still on the path to recovery guys (so dramatic) and it's bugging me that it is taking so long to get rid of whatever it is. I haven't been able to use eye make up (except once or twice) because of this. It's refreshing and I'm getting use to being ok with how I look without make up but I'd also like to test out a few liners that I've bought recently. #firstworldproblem right here.
------
FYI: It's important that I say that I'm not a doctor and that I'm not suggesting that you go out and get this for whatever eye issue you may or may not have.
------
Has this happened to you? What did you do about it?

Daily Zen: IMATS ON THE WEEKEND!! ARE YOU GOING???

Find me at:

0 comments:

Post a Comment