Tuesday 27 August 2013

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

After getting frustrated with my Urban Decay Eyelash Curler, I decided that it needed to go! Thankfully, I was able to pick up the Shu curler while I was away on my trip.



This curler is so famous, it doesn't really need any introduction. (However for the sake of being complete..) It's touted as being award-winning, emblematic, and best selling! Patented hinges are engineered to produce the perfect amount of pressure. The curvature is suitable for all eye types and the handles are calculated to ergonomically enhance stability and control. That's a lot of consideration in this little tool! But for $25CDN a pop, you'd hope to be getting something long lasting and effective.

Is it worth it? I'm sorry to say that I got this for $14 at the Korean duty free and at that price, yes it is. But is it worth your extra $11?

The curve does fit very nicely against the curve of my eyelid. I have rounded double eyelids so I can't say anything about the fit for monolids. The curl it gives to my lashes is much better than the Urban Decay curler. This reaches all the lashes on my lash line from end to end and curls them up sky high. Sky high! It is comfortable to use and I don't get pinched (maybe once or twice but that's my own fault). Granted, it's not 100% perfect. Sometimes I still get crimped lashes but the crimping isn't blatant and only happens on the outer two lashes maybe.

The silicone pad has a good amount of spring and bounce. They give you an extra one in the box and I've heard that you can go to Shu locations and buy extra pads. Also, apparently the Shiseido curler pads fit into the Shu curler as well.

I would recommend this product. If you have a curler that does the job amazingly then don't feel a rush to switch. I've never tried any really cheap curlers but I know a few of my friends find them worthwhile. If the curler you have is breaking down, not giving you the curl you desire or is frequently pinching your lids then switching to this is fool proof. It is expensive but it performs consistently and I'm glad to have invested in it (Thanks duty free! lol.)

Have you made the switch? Any monolids use this?

Daily Zen: Realizing that my Photoshop trial was almost over, I've spent the last few days frantically taking photos of everything and editing them. ALL THE SWATCHES! I may have permanent stains on my forearm....What photo editing program do you guys use for your blogs?

It would make my day if you followed me on:
Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment