Thursday 1 August 2013

Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

After finishing up the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, I was on the lookout for a cheaper option and found this at the beauty section of T&T.

kose softymo deep cleansing oil review

kose softymo deep cleansing oil review

This product uses orange and rice bran oil to deep clean the face. If you aren't familiar with cleansing oils, these types of products help remove makeup and emulsify when mixed with water. Ideally they should wash off without leaving a residue but different brands have different abilities to do so.

When I first used this, I was totally in love with its orange-zesty scent. It really perked me up in the shower. This did remove all my face make up but I found it was oilier than the DHC oil even though it was less viscous. It didn't emulsify as well and as I continued through the bottle I felt like it worked less well at rinsing off.

Somehow I managed to get water into the bottle which resulted in a cloudiness in the liquid.  I'm not too impressed with this since I never dunked the bottle into water so I'm not sure how the water got in. This may have made it work less well. As I continued to go through the bottle I noticed that my skin didn't really feel clean and that my pores were getting more clogged. After a month or so I really wanted to be done with it!

The price of this product is really quite affordable. I think I got it for ~$8 which is amazing compared to the ~$30-$40 of higher brands like Shu Uemura and DHC but I won't be returning to this just because of the thick not clean feeling it gave to my face.

Have you tried cleansing oils? Has one really stood out for you?

Daily Zen: My skin is going crazy right now! I have a bunch of pimples and clogged pores and I'm getting a bit anxious/annoyed about it. Have been doing some research into using natural and essential oils lately. Have you tried this method?
and
Audible Zen: Oh Kimbra, I love you so much. I'm glad you're getting more attention and airtime now. went to her show last year, so amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment