Tuesday 21 May 2013

Review: NYX Powder Blush in Angel


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I went a little crazy a while ago and bought some NYX blushes from Cherry Culture's website. It was the semi-annual 25% (or was it 20%) off NYX event and since NYX is hard to come by in Canada, I might have gone a little crazy....and bought nine blushes. Yea..oops. In my defense they were only $4.50 or so each. Today I'm going to review Angel.
NYX powder blush angel review swatch

NYX powder blush angel review swatch

This color is described as a soft matte pink. The formula of NYX powder blushes are suppose to provide sheer silky color that glides on and blends beautifully. It is suppose to be long lasting and highly pigmented (so why they say sheer I don't know).

This blush definitely fits its description. I would say that it's a more beige pink that girly doll pink and a slightly nude toned pink, almost leaning peach. Hopefully I captured the color correctly in the photos. I'm finding that swatching blushes on camera have been the hardest thing so far. In the pan, the color seems to have a slight sheen but this only transfers softly on the skin creating a subtle glow. It's quite pigmented and is a very natural color on my skin tone. The color lasts the whole day and can be built up to a more apparent pink color. I don't really recommending packing a lot of it though since it will obviously look a bit cakey.

All in all, I really enjoy this blush. It was my go-to for the entire month of December when I flew home and didn't want to bring a lot of stuff. It definitely is a very natural color making it good for any make up look. I would recommend this shade.

Have you tried any NYX Blushes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment