Wednesday 1 May 2013

Review: My Beauty Diary Earl Grey Tea and Macaron Sheet Mask


my beauty diary earl grey tea and macaron sheet mask

I've been using another MBD mask lately just because I've gotten a few pimples popping up and wanted to see if a mask might help.

This mask is suppose to illuminate and clarify your face. Ingredients like black tea and bergamot essential oil (which are the components of Early Grey tea) help brighten the face. Sweet almond protein and sugar cane extract are suppose to "leave skin glittering and translucent, smooth and delicate." Fruit extracts are used to help "leave skin fair and perfectly clear." This mask is recommended for normal but dull skin.

Again, as with all MBD masks, you clean your face and apply it for 20 mins, When removed, you can massage in the remaining serum; you don't need wash it off. I found that the serum absorbed a little more slowly than the Aloe Mask but it wasn't that much different. The scent was quite lovely, as close to Earl Grey and pastries as scents can get. It left my face matte for a little while but not as long as the Aloe Mask. 

The focus of the ingredients are to brighten and whiten the skin. It also has some antiseptic ingredients which are suppose to reduce inflammation. The addition of Sodium Hyaluronate helps hydrate but this wasn't as hydrating as the Aloe Mask. In relation to whiting, I haven't noticed a great different in the brightness of my skin nor has it really helped reduce the little pimples on my face. To be fair, it didn't say it targeted acne or pimples specifically but I thought maybe the antiseptic components might help. 

All in all, this MBD doesn't exactly live up to its claims. It has the same lovely thick mask quality as all other MBD masks and is as soaked in serum (which are a major selling point for this brand). I think the smell is quite lovely and they are really affordable so maybe give it a go and it might work better for you. I'm not sure I'll repurchase this just because there are loads of other MBD varieties to try. I have to give it points for graphic design though. You gotta admit it's pretty cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment