Tuesday 28 May 2013

Review: Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I long for the day when I will have long lustrous lower lashes. Of course, being Asian that day will never come  so I begged the Make Up Gods to take pity on me and they answered with the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. 

clinique bottom lash mascara review

clinique bottom lash mascara review

This mascara has a brush specially designed to get "even the tinest of bottom lashes. Its expert formula resists pesky smears." I never really thought of smears as pesky but there you go. In addition, this mascara is suppose to be removable with just warm water.

The brush is indeed quite tiny allowing it to get close to my short stubby lower lashes. But because my bottom lashes aren't all the same length it doesn't really get to all of them, especially the smaller ones that are in-between longer ones. You'd think that this tiny brush would get even those but the positioning of my lashes doesn't make it possible. I found that the bigger hourglass shaped wand from the Heroine Make mascara (reviewed in the previous post) actually did a much better job! This wand also ends up smearing a little bit of mascara only my lower lash line and I find the formula not very consistent. Some of my lashes were coated nicely while others had mini clumps on them. This is a basic mascara that will add length but doesn't volumize or curl (which you might not need on your bottom lashes anyways). I was a bit disappointed by the end result though.

All in all, yes it does reach some of my lower lashes but for my situation it doesn't do a good job of getting them all evenly. The mascara comes off easily with eye make up remover (I haven't tried it under warm water). Just a warning that it comes off in tubes/flakes which are kind of annoying to clean up. I wouldn't say this was a necessary purchase. If you have more even lower lashes this might work better for you but it is a bit gimicky so not necessarily a must have.

Which mascara is best for your lower lashes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment