Friday 17 May 2013

Review: John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Moisturizing Conditioner


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

A couple of years ago I went through a whole process of trying to revamp my hair care routine. I was noticing that my hair was getting super greasy throughout the day and I thought switching up my shampoo/conditioner combo might help. During the process, I found John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Moisturizing Conditioner and have stuck with it ever since. This stuff has is made of magic. For serious.

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Moisturizing Conditioner

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Moisturizing Conditioner review

As you can tell I'm making my way through yet another tube of this stuff. At around $12CDN (Shoppers Drug Mart) this isn't the most inexpensive conditioner you could buy (thought it's not the most expensive either). You can usually wait for it to go on sale and I saw that Costco was stocking this as well. The product is suppose to bring out rich multi-dimensional brunette tones. It has a moisturizing formula with crushed pearls and sweet almond oil which re-hydrates your hair creating a satin feel. It comes in a squeeze tube and you only need a little bit (but again, I have short hair) so a bottle actually lasts me a little over 4 months or so. The product has a light caramel tint to it and it smells sweet, like almonds and vanilla.

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Moisturizing Conditioner review
Hair indoors
John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Moisturizing Conditioner review
Hair outside in sunshine
I wasn't lying when I said this stuff has magic in it. My hair is dark brown/black. If you saw it indoors it looks like the color of every other non-dyed Asia's hair. BUT IN THE LIGHT.... when the light hits my hair a certain way, it gives off almost the same color as the tube of conditioner actually. A glossy light brown. I've never really had this before and I attribute it to the product since I've only noticed it in the last few years when I have been using it. It's a really cool effect that has stumped some of my friends into thinking I had gotten a dye job. Your hair doesn't look this brown at every moment. The conditioner doesn't dye your hair but you will note that you get a neat duochrome effect when the light hits it a certain way. So don't worry, you won't suddenly have light brown hair.

All in all, I love what this does for my hair color. It is a moisturizing conditioner which works and doesn't weigh down my hair and I will definitely continue to purchase this. 

Have you tried using a tinted/color enhancing conditioners before?

0 comments:

Post a Comment