Saturday 25 May 2013

Review: Heroine Make Kiss Me Volume and Curl Mascara


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I accident bought this when my friend when to Asia. Typically when my friends go, I give them a short list of things to grab for me at Sasa. This item somehow got on that list ( I usually go through several editsbut I guess it was a happy accident that it did.

Heroine Make Kiss me volume and curl mascara review

Heroine Make Kiss me volume and curl mascara review

This mascara is suppose to be long lasting and super waterproof, it has tiny fibers for increasing volume and a curling polymer to create a long lasting curl. The hourglass shaped mascara wand does a really good job of catching every lash and also reaches my super sparse lower lashes too! As you can tell it does a good job of lengthening and it does hold your curl all day. Seriously, it's like hair gel for your lashes! Almost too much like a hair gel actually since your lashes sometimes get a bit crispy and spidery. 

If you are the kind of person who likes to wait between applying coats of mascara, this might not be for you. When you try and apply another coat after waiting, you can tell how hard your lashes are and the product builds up with little clumps and doesn't glide on as easily. A few good passes the first time around is good enough to get decent length and to hold your curl.

All in all, this mascara does live up to its claim. I was rather surprised at how amazingly it holds your curl and it has never smudged on me. Taking it off is a real bitch though. I use the L'Oreal Gentle Eyemakeup Remover which has always worked for me. It works here but you do have to spend a little more time holding the cotton pad on your lashes. I also find that a few of my lashes have fallen out when I'm trying to remove the mascara.

What's your best curling mascara?

0 comments:

Post a Comment