Thursday 21 February 2013

Falling out of love with The Revolution High Performance Eyelash Curler


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I really thought I had found the one! But after two years, it looks like we're going to have to part ways. 
urban decay the revolution high performance eyelash curler review
I have to admit that this is probably the scariest looking eyelash curler on the market but with the promise of no pinching and reaching every single lash I decided to give it a go when it came out about 2 years ago. It worked alright for a while but after using this for 2 years, I have to say that this has been quite a disappointment.

I am willing to put up with the smudge marks on the gunmetal finish but there are a few things about this product that just make it awful.
urban decay the revolution high performance eyelash curler review

Since the curler doesn't have the side bars the curler pad is constantly coming loose. It's pretty annoying to have to dig around your drawer or makeup bag when the pad has come out of place and when you're in a hurry. 

urban decay the revolution high performance eyelash curler review

On top of this, the screw holding the two arms of the curler must have come loose because when I squeeze it, you can see how the top and bottom don't even align anymore. This has caused crimped lashes and uneven curl. Sometimes it doesn't even curl my lashes at all! A grave offence, Urban Decay.  A grave offence indeed.

Urban Decay, I really hoped for a lasting relationship but unfortunately, I'm going to have to look for other opportunities.

Which curler has worked for you? Clearly, I need to get a new one.

4 comments:

  1. I like both Shu and shiseido. they both work great on my lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will have to give those a try. sephora apparently stopped stocking the Shu ones. might have to run to Holts to grab a pair

      Delete
  2. Jenn - mine is $2 from Daiso in Richmond. I know, I'm cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a bit indecisive here. usually i think it's ok to spend more on tools...but if i can cheap out i might. i'll have to see yours the next time i see you! which at this point..might be forever.

    ReplyDelete