Saturday 23 February 2013

NARS Belle De Jour!

I have to admit that I am easily swayed by advertising. Thankfully, the power of perfectly posed models only lasts for a short time. But there was a period where heavy interest in Asian magazines made me lust after the Gyaru style. So much so that finding the perfect nude lipstick became the ultimate mission.

nars belle du jour lipstick review swatch

nars belle du jour lipstick review swatch
Vivi Magazine - the main offenders
I have to say that this wasn't too difficult a mission. By commandeering a sales person during a trip to Sephora the process was rather painless. Though to be honest, I did have her running around the store to find just the right beige and I'm pretty sure we tried on at least 20 lipsticks. I was definitely there for quite a lengthy time and sort of maybe felt bad for her. 

I think there's something to be said about finding the perfect color for you instead of just buying random colors and making them work. I grab this lipstick so much more often than the ones I just buy on impulse.

nars belle du jour lipstick review swatch

nars belle du jour lipstick review swatch

This comes in NARS' sheer finish formula and is my most perfect nude! To be honest though it isn't without its faults. It tends to cling to dry bits if I don't exfoliate my lips properly and isn't the most moisturizing lipstick out there. But, it is the most perfect shade for me and for that, I will put up with its flaws. It's also a great base for lipgloss as it does nude out my lips so perfectly. I honestly enjoy this lipstick so much and love pairing dramatic eyes with my lovely nude Belle De Jour. What's more it was my first 'high end' lipstick purchase so that probably makes it even more special for me. 

nars belle du jour lipstick review swatch

Have you been on a hunt for the perfect color? What did you find?

0 comments:

Post a Comment