Friday 25 July 2014

A Dive Off the Deep End With YSL Pur Couture #52

ysl pur couture #52 swatch my love from another star

You can safely commit me to the mental institute now. For realz, I have taken a dive off the deep end and am admitting it openly. I, Jenn Fong, renouncer of corals, fearer of brights, frugal (typically) of spending, have bought the YSL Pur Couture lipstick in #52. I did this without trying it on. without swatching it in store, without anything more than adrenaline and bad sense pumping in my veins. I walked in there, slammed my money on the counter, and ordered it to be rung up like a boss.


Follow along with me. I swear it all made sense at the time.



Fact A: I have been watching Man From Another Star. If you haven't seen this yet, it's a K-melodrama filled with amazing high end fashion (including brands like Celine, Balmain, Givenchy,  Lanvin, Commes des Garcon...I could go on) and incredible make up. Here is a hilarious clip where Cheong Song Yi remembers her drunken night after being rejected by Do Min Joon, the guy she likes.



and HOW can you not love Cheong Song Yi
. She understands me!!!!


Fact B: Cheong Song Yi's lipstick choices have been analyzed and coveted by a large chunk of the inter webs.

Exhibit A
Exhibit B

Fact C: Though this YSL shade is CONFIRMED to be WRONGLY associated with the character (though it is very close to what she was wearing), it has completely sold out in most of Asia and only recently has been slowly replenished in Western department stores.  If you can't wait, you can always buy it for crazy prices on Ebay.

Fact D: There were 3 in stock at The Bay when I called. When I went to pick it up a few hours later, there was only 1.

#33 of the Volupte line is the exactly same color only glossier, more wearble and less in your face. I was waffling between the two but when the sales person said, "This is the only one left, if it makes a difference", oh lady...that makes. a. difference

ysl pur couture #52 swatch my love from another star

I don't even LIKE coral!! And this is HELLA BRIGHT. BUT oh my makeup godz, if an Asian girl like Jun Ji Hyun can pull it off and make me wonder what-the-hell is on her lips every single scene, I am determined to dash my fears and embrace this as if it were my only child dying in the hospital (wtf). If I weren't so thrilled, I would think I were pathetic *rocks back and forth while clutching #52*.

ysl pur couture #52 swatch my love from another star

Game, set and match. Popular Culture: 1, Jenn: -232.

Have you heard about the craze surrounding this color? Would you pick it up? Have you seen Man From Another Star? I'll do a FOTD and review of this color later probably.

0 comments:

Post a Comment