Tuesday 8 April 2014

L'Oreal Extraordinaire Gloss (Orange Tempo/Rouge Allegro) and Maybelline Elixir Comparison

If you're seeing this twice, its because it's also guest posting on Alicia's blog right now. 

(Unfortunately some photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

L'Oreal Extraordinaire gloss Orange Tempo rouge allegro swatch review

Since I loved the Maybelline Elixir gloss I picked up, I wanted to try out the L'Oreal versions as a comparision. Thankfully Shoppers was quite happy to help me out with this since they went on sale a few weeks ago.
The L'Oreal Extraordinaire lip products ($13-14CDN) are advertised as dramatic and lustrious lip colors which offers shine and smooths the appearance of your lips. The applicator offers a smooth glide on lip experience. I picked up the colors in Orange Tempo (an orange) and Rouge Allegro (a blue toned red).

L'Oreal Extraordinaire gloss Orange Tempo swatch review

L'Oreal Extraordinaire Rouge Allegro swatch review

Some swatches of the L'Oreal and Maybelline glosses.

L'Oreal Extraordinaire lip gloss Orange Tempo Rouge Allegro swatch review comparision with Maybelline elixir gloss

Much like the Maybelline glosses, the L'Oreal version offers a great deal of shine. However, the pigmentation is more immediately intense than Maybelline's. Both products sit quite well on the lips but I feel like L'Oreal's is slightly heavier, not a deal breaker and only something to mention if I'm being really nit-picky.

I'm the worst tester when it come to wear. I'm always eating or drinking something so of course colors will wash off. But having said that, the L'Oreal glosses performed well and I didn't really feel the need to constantly reapply. Both products stain slightly and have slightly sticky and gel-like textures. The gloss on the L'Oreal ones don't last as long but stain remained for many hours.

In general, when it comes down to it....they're both similar enough. For me, the differences are slight and I would purchase this on color and price. I believe the Maybelline ones are slightly cheaper but both go on sale regularly at SDM so this is not really a thing.

Have you tried either formulas? Do you have a favorite?

Daily Zen: If you have Netflix, I suggest you watch The Bletchley Circle about a group of women who worked as code breakers during WWII that reunite to track down a serial killer. A great suspenseful series so far! If only there were more episodes.

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment