Tuesday 1 April 2014

In the Moment #6: OOAK Spring Picks


 Yet another One of a Kind Show. Modelling my post off Julie from Swatch and Review, here are some of my favorite exhibitors. Even if you couldn't go, check out their websites and my SHOW FAVORITE!!!! (yes caps because she's so awesome)
HOME

nicole tarasick

Nicole does these AWESOME airport code pillows and tote bags. I SO WANT THEM!!!! You have no idea. I imagine a set of YYZ (Toronto), YVR (Vancouver), YXE (Saskatoon) and YUL (Montreal) gracing my future leather couch to showcase the places David and I have lived. Maybe with the addition of ICN (Seoul) as well. Love them!

FOOD


 The few that I tried tasted awesome. You can really get the hint of wine taste in them. Points go to the Vidal Icewine and the Peach Amaretto. Both were very very good and would be great as a glaze over pork.


bruce county nuts and fudge co

 I love nuts and this vendor makes some of the best at the show. All kinds of nuts flavored in all kinds of ways. AND they make awesome candied apples as well.

FASHION

headmistress headbands

headmistress headbands

headmistress headbands

Jillian makes really pretty floral headbands, pins and brooches. In beautiful pastel and vibrant colors, you really can't resist. They are so pretty!


biko jewelry

biko jewelry

I always stare lustfuly at the BIKO stand. You'll find some metal work and bone jewelry with an edge here. I can never pick out a favorite from this stall and love the look of the entire collection.


love at first blush sabrina chin jewelry

love at first blush sabrina chin jewelry

love at first blush sabrina chin jewelry

If you want something a little less harsh than Biko, Sabrina makes lovely leather cut pieces that are feminine but still has a bit of toughness to them. The leather nail decorations Steph is modelling can be worn as a ring too.

Hoi Bo (SHOW FAVORITE!!)

Hoi Bo bags

hoi bo bags

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE all of Sarra's creations. Now...if only the price point weren't so high lol. I'm definitely saving up for one of her bags. The shapes that she creates are more alternative and her material choices are casual yet put together. She has an awesome range of paper clutches and wallet bags. PAPER. THAT'S MACHINE WASHABLE!!! So in love....

SKINCARE (ie...all the soap you could possibly need)



botania soaps

botania soaps

 The scents and colors of Botania really drew me in. They carry soap for the body and for the face with some really good ingredients. I'm going to keep these guys in mind when I run out (which...considering my stash might take a long time...)


demo soaps

demo soaps

Nothing can be more fun than soap shaped like doughnuts and cheese. Demo soap offers glycerin based soap in all kinds of food scents and yes they smell amazing. This would be my pick for a fun soap booth to shop at.




artifact skin girl

 After shying back and forth tweeting with the team at Artifact Skin, I finally made my way to their booth at the end of my OOAK visit. They have a line of 5 masks which will suit most common skin issues. I love the nautical look AND they have a spa brush and little mask jar spoons as well.

artifact skin girl

The Buys:


Two Artifact Skin masks (review coming up later), a lemon raspberry doughnut soap from Demo Soap and a small paper card pouch from Hoi Boi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment