Tuesday 18 February 2014

Empties #3 - with a note about EOS

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

All the empties!!! Thank god. This bag of stuff has been sitting around for the longest time.



Delon Premium Cotton Rounds - Yes 
I love these. They are so thick and the exfoliator side is quite nice. They don't pill or fluff up and holds product quite well. I'll probably buy these forever lol.

Simple Cleansing Wipes - No
I just picked these up when these were on sale. I don't think they cleaned very well. I had to rub to get stuff off.

Olay Cleansing Wipes Normal Skin - Probably
I just buy these because the two pack goes on sale now and again so they're economical. I'm not totally in love but I don't love wipes in general...these do the job well enough.

L'oreal Gentle Makeup Remover - Yes
Yea, this little bottle can last a year so that's pretty awesome and I can ususally wait till this gos on sale to buy it so that's not bad. This takes everything off so it's worth it.

Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Cleansing Oil - No
I did a review here. It didn't really wash off that well and its' REALLY expensive. I didn't really enjoy this product.


Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo - No
I did a review here. It's actually pretty funny (and sort of sad) how I ended up finishing this. I left the cap slightly open one day and since I usually turn the bottle upside down when it's coming to an end, a LOT of product ended up dribbling out. Considering the price of this....lol, I probably wasted about $9 of product....oh well, what can you do.


Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine - NOOOO

Review here. Ugh THIS BOTTLE TOOK FOREVER TO FINISH. Worst was the fact that I disliked it right away and I had to use up this gigantic bottle. I felt like it was really heavy in my hair and it never really washed out well.

The Body Shop Grapefruit Body Butter - Maybe
I love the smell of this! This is one of the lighter weight formulas for normal skin and the scent is so zingy! Really wakes you up when you use it.

The Body Shop Hemp Foot Protector - Unlikely
I really need something heavy duty for my feet and Glysomed is a sure thing to keeping my heels moisturized. I was hoping for a similar effect by using this product but it really didn't moisturize my cracked heels that well and I never feel like my feet really got soft from using it. It fell a little flat for me unfortunately.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - Maybe
THis is a nice hand cream. The only thing holding me back from buying it again would be the price. I really enjoy the almost baby powder scent and it does the job.

Lancome Renergie Lift Mult-Action Night Cream - Maybe
I really liked this cream. It's thick and moisturizing and really luxurious when you smooth it on your face. BUT its..$122 LOL. That's crazy..Maybe one day. Thank goodness for GWP deluxe samples.


Blistex Lip Medix - YES!

This is HG for me. It heals all the worst lip situations I have ever had and I will never be without it.


Bath and Body Works Leaves Candle - Maybe
I've heard a lot of people really like Leaves so I picked it up due to curiosity. It was ok. Maybe I don't have a thing for Apple scents. I don't know.

Bath and Body Works Fresh Balsam Candle - Yes
I love the scent of this candle. Wintery, fresh, like walking in a forest. What can't you like about that?

Sephora Primer - No
Meh. Didn't feel like it did much to keep oilies at bay and it was alright. Nothing really pulling me to love or hate it.


Thierry Mugler Womanity - No

This is a weird one. I really like how it smells on me in Vancouver but for some reason, it smells werd on me here. The salty scents come out a little too strongly here.

Blinc Mascara - NO
This was a bit of a dud. It just gave me an unbuildable formula for a barely mascaraed lash look. Not my cup of tea.

MAC Match Master Foundation 1.5 - Maybe
I quite liked my experience with this. It keep the shininess away somewhat and smoothed on quite nicely. I didn't feel like I had a mask on and the color suited my quite well.

EOS sweet mint hint

EOS lipbalm in Sweet Mint - NO
I REALLY didn't think this lipbalm had much going for it, especially considering the hype around it. it didn't moisturize that well. It did take a long time to finish so I guess there's a lot of product but since I didn't like it that much...it was a pain to use up. That being said, when you finally hit the flat part of the balm thinking you're done, REMEMBER TO DIG OUT THE REST BECAUSE THERE'S STILL A LOOOOOOOTTT OF PRODUCT LEFT. I dug it all out and put it in a little Sephora sample pot and you can see that its almost near full !!! ( I also added a drop of OCC's NSFW in it to make it a tinted balm). Seriously, if you're throwing away your EOS after you get down to the flat part, you might not realize how much product you're throwing away.

Anyways, there you go. Hurray for empties and hurray for FINALLY being able to throw these out LOL.

Daily Zen: So over the weekend I got to hang out with the awesome Vanessa from Citron and Guavaberry. We got some stuff from the UK and you can see our little haul over there!

Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment