Saturday 14 December 2013

Clean EVERYTHING!


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Since I had that eye infection issue thing (which has still yet to resolve itself), I went through a mini rampage through my eye products and decided to clean ALL THE THINGS!

Most important to clean was anything that had touched my eye. That meant the eyelash curlers, any shadow brushes and all my liners. I debated on boiling the curler in hot water but ended up flaming them instead (which only brought back memories of microbiology labs).

For the liners, I wiped them all down with some rubbing alcohol and sharped every single one (then rubbed them with alcohol again).



As for my brushes, I gave them a good clean with my Shu Uemura oil (don't judge! lol yes I use the $$ cleansing oil to clean my brushes sometimes) and Dr Bronner's soap in Lavendar. I'm going to have to find some really cheap cleansing oil out there just to use on my brushes. It makes sense to use an oil based cleanser on foundation brushes or any other brush you use for cream products. And since I wasn't such a huge fan of the Shu anyways.....

I'm pretty happy with my massive clean and I hope it helps prevent whatever it is I have from happening again. I don't clean my brushes or other tools near often enough but I try and do it about once a week.

How often do you clean your makeup tools and items?

Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment