Thursday 11 April 2013

Review: The Body Shop Satsuma Body Gel

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

The Body Shop shower gels are really affordable at $8 for 250ml. There are loads of scents you can choose  from so it's a good way to make your showers more interesting and enjoyable. 

The Body shop satsuma body gel review
When I first smelled this in store, I was hit by the brightness of the citrus scent. Unfortunately, when you use it in the shower, the scent becomes less freshly squeezed orange and more candied synthetic orange. It's fine if that's what you're going for but I think it was a bit too sweet for me. I'm not sure "zesty", as it's described, is the appropriate word for it.

In general, this shower gel lathers up nicely and comes in a squeeze bottle. You don't really need much outside of a small-medium dollop on your loofah. It doesn't make your body feel sucked of moisture after washing and the scent doesn't linger. I wouldn't repurchase this just because I'm not a fan of the smell but would be curious to try other shower gels. 

Sorry for such a super short post. I'm pooped after a long days work! The only worthwhile point to make about the shower gel is really about the scent. I haven't found a shower gel that is so awesome it deserves more than a few perfunctory comments (although, I can wax poetic about a few Lush Soaps). 

What's a great shower gel that you've tried? Maybe I'm missing out on something. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment