Tuesday 9 April 2013

Clarins Spring 2013 LE Palette Eclat Face and Blush Powder

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Do you buy limited edition products from each season?

I typically try my best not to buy something from any new product lines that come out each season. Once you get into the habit of buying one or two things each season it really adds up! I think I've done pretty well actually. The only LE seasonal thing I own is an eyeshadow palette from a Nars' holiday line a few years ago.  But...I might have maybe faltered or something and maybe sort of bought this.... (*slaps wrist*)

clarins spring 2013 limited edition le palette eclat face and blush powder swatch review
I initially saw this on Joyce's blog (Sparkly Playground) and wasn't too interested just because, I don't know, I haven't cared about Clarins since I had a bad skin reaction from one of their face products. But, I decided to click on the post 'cause you know...sometimes we click on things. When I saw the blush on her, I was like "woah". For serious. Like "woah".

I tried to forget about it and managed quite well actually. Until Ms Rae Chen from "The Notice" had to go and do a post as well, which just reignited the curiosity. Long story short I went to The Bay and the SA put it on me. She told me there were only two left. What was I suppose to do?!/!

clarins spring 2013 limited edition le palette eclat face and blush powder swatch review
You can swirl all the colors together and use it as an entire face powder or you can concentrate on the pink shades and use it as a blush. This product has a lovely scent which doesn't linger. It's the most wonderful light pink color that has a slight sheeny brightness to it. It doesn't have any shimmer but somehow the brightness of the pinks just perk up your entire face to make it look fresh and youthful. Totally spring!

Those little pink strips pack a lot of bright pigment and you can easily focus your brush onto them. I really like the way it looks on my face and don't regret picking this up. I can tell that this will be getting a lot of wear these coming months.

P.S
I tried to take a photo of my face with the blush on and this is what I got....

clarins spring 2013 limited edition le palette eclat face and blush powder swatch review

I know! Weaksauce... I guess I can sort of see the blush because I know what I'm looking for. I'm pretty horrible with taking blush photos.... but do go look at Rae's and Joyce's blogs for better photos than mine. (And they're lovely blogs to follow anyways).

0 comments:

Post a Comment