Tuesday 16 April 2013

Make Up For Ever Make Up Bag Remix Tour


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

What a long name eh? Last Saturday I was lucky enough to get a spot at Make Up For Ever's Make Up Bag Remix Tour. When I heard they were putting this on, I signed up immediately and I'm glad I did. Apparently there was a really long wait list for those who didn't make an appointment early enough. This event was put on by MUFE (obvs...) to help people figure out what to do with the stuff they never use. You could bring whatever you wanted in your makeup bag and they would put a look together for you. They had all the MUFE products available to help complete your look. It was so fun and you basically got your makeup done for free!

make up for ever mufe makeup bag remix tour

make up for ever mufe makeup bag remix tour

 MUFE had a big trailer they took across North America. They made a stop in Toronto at Yorkdale Mall this past weekend. Inside the trailer, there was a big display of all the MUFE products as well as a waiting area with candy and a photo wall.

make up for ever mufe makeup bag remix tour


make up for ever mufe makeup bag remix tour

Every person gets their own makeup area/counter and their own make up artist. I got so excited just seeing everything laid out and knowing I could use whatever I wanted. I got to meet the lovely Lijhe Stewart, who teaches for MUFE among other things. She was so great and helped me put a colorful eye look together since colorful shadows and liners were what I brought in my bag. I'm drawn towards bright colors but I never end up using them so this was a great way learn how to use what I have! You also get a face chart with all the products used on you, your own products and MUFE's.

make up for ever mufe makeup bag remix tour


make up for ever mufe makeup bag remix tour

She started out with a day look using products just on the lower lash line and from there she added more color for night. The resulting look is definitely for night time and sort of reminds me of a peacock. She used a lot of greens and blues with a little purple in the crease. 


From my makeup bag she used:
Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Mainline as a base all across the lid and as bottom liner
MAC shimmer moss in the inner 1/3 of the eyelid
MAC contrast in outer V of the eyelid and upper lashline
MUFE #92 (if you haven't swatched this, you really should) in crease
NYX Wildfire under the lower lashline
MUFE eyebrow pencil #4 (not shown)

She also used MUFE's Face and Body foundation, the S2 Lab Shine Lip gloss and Star Powder #940 as a highlight (which I seriously love, too bad it doesn't show up in the photo). This was such a great idea and I'm really glad MUFE put this event on. You got your make up done, you learned what to do with your own stuff and it was all free. How great is that! Seriously. 

Did you get a chance to go? What's your favorite MUFE product?

0 comments:

Post a Comment