Saturday 14 September 2013

Hello Pearl Finishes! Ft Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl Finish Lippies


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I usually gravitate towards the satin/cream finish for lipsticks and sometimes dabble with matte.  A lack of pearl finishes was rectified when there was a $5/ Revlon lipstick sale on at Rexall.

revlon super lustrous pearl finish lipsticks plum baby blushing mauve porcelain pink swatch review

revlon super lustrous pearl finish lipsticks plum baby blushing mauve porcelain pink swatch review

I picked up the colors Plum Baby, Blushing Mauve and Porcelain Pink. These three colors are super wearable for everyday and are great for a number of looks. The offer a slightly more exciting option to a plain neutral and give a feminine touch to your look.

I've always avoided frost or pearl finishes just because there's the potential to look tacky or overdone. But I'm finding that I really love the pearl finish on these. They give a little extra bit of shine and dimension to the lips which I didn't expect. 

I would recommend these colors for a safe start into pearl finishes.

Are there finishes that you always prefer? What's type of finish do you go for least?

Daily Zen: Some of you may know that my bf and I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 2.5 years now. He just started his articling year (sort of like training to be a lawyer after you end law school but before you take the bar) so he's been staying at the office super late. The 3 hour time difference and his extended hours has made me miss him all the more :(.
and
My right shoulder and neck are killing me! Seriously...feel like an old lady.

0 comments:

Post a Comment