Tuesday 3 September 2013

The Skincare Tag


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)
the skincare tag

I contemplated showing my ugly mug for the post cover photo but decided that my blotchy skin might scare you all away. Instead, I opted for a snap of what I'm using these days. Thanks to Daphne Shen from Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life for tagging me! I enjoy her blog horrendously and you will too so click click!

I really didn't care about my skin when I was in high school. I had major acne and my mother tried to convince me to do something about it but I was self-conscious even caring about my skin. How weird is that? Sometimes I don't understand how I conceptualized things when I was younger. Heck, I still don't understand that nowadays lol. But as I aged, I realized the importance of skincare and what a confidence booster clear skin was.

1. Describe your skincare routine in five words.
3 words: process of elimination

2. What's your skin type?
Combo-oily. Ex-sensitive, it seems to have mellowed out during the years.

3. What's your favorite skincare product?
Hmm.. that's a hard one. I find masks, scrubs and bath items sort of luxurious so I guess those are my favorite.

4. Top blemish zapper?
I've been using Clean and Clear's Advantage Acne Spot Treatment for the longest time. I only stick with it because I can't be bothered to switch it up but I've been eyeing bottles of tea tree oil suspiciously. It works well enough.

5. Face wipes...yay or nay?
A half hearted yay. They are convenient for taking my make-up off to get to the gym after work but they really don't provide the level of cleanliness that I desire. I've been using the Olay Wet Cleansing Cloths lately but I have no real preference for any brand.

6. Toner...yay or nay?
Yay! It's true, sometimes I don't feel like they do anything. However, when you come across the right one for your skin, it does make a difference. Currently I'm using Missha's First Treatment Essence from their Time Revolution line.

7. High end skincare or high end make-up?
Mmmm...considering that Asian skincare is high quality at a low/medium price point I think I would have to go with high end make-up. A a rule though, I think skincare is more important than make-up and my make-up collection doesn't have many high end items in it.

8. You're in a French pharmacy and can only buy one item, what would it be?
Earplugs LOL. I was in France with my mom who snores like a beast! We popped into the pharmacy so that I could get earplugs and she could try those nasal strips for snoring (didn't work). It wasn't the most restful vacation. 

The real answer to the question is "I don't know". I haven't tried many French brands except Bourjois and La Roche-Posay. What an odd question. Why a French pharmacy specifically?

9. Top skincare tip
Find a skincare regime that works for you, at the very least, a good cleanser.
My boyfriend is  THE WORST (yes, italicized, bolded, underlined AND capitalized) at this (as typical of all males). He just uses soap, and I try and force my beauty standards upon him by buying him face wash. He seems to enjoy the Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub but only uses it when he remembers (which is not often). He also seemed to enjoy a Nivea one I bought him but he confessed that the only reason it was disappearing so fast was because he hated the smell and tried to use it up by squeezing out huge globs each time. Pfft! Boys!

I tag (sorry if you've done this already and I've missed your post):
Nicole at Beautykissxo
Jasmine and Angela at The Happy Sloths
Rxbeautychic at Rxbeautychic

Daily Zen:

Current Zen: Won't lie. Am curious about how Congress will respond to Obama's announcement re: Syria. Will try and contain political wonkery to a minimum on this blog (not that I'm anywhere near well versed enough to offer substantial opinions).

Snaps and claps if you click below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment