Wednesday 16 September 2015

Self Medicating my Heels


For a time, let's called it Summer, there was an excessive amount of public sandal wearing and during the season, I saw more than a few gross and dirty soles walking down the streets over top leather footbeds. Unfortunately, my own heels were as dry, gross, and skin cracked as the next gal and in my best attempts to self medicate my transgressions, I've been using two heel solutions lately.



I remembered how effective the Flexitol Heel Magic was, so I expected great things out of the Flexitol Heel Balm* ($13CDN, 56g) but my inability to use it regularly (day and night) met with only passable results. But even when used less often, the thick balm soaked instantly into the parched areas of my outer heels and there was a noticeable (but temporary with less consistent use) softening effect. The lotion is easier to spread than the balm but somehow I think I might prefer the balm better. But either way, this brand is quite effective.


I received the Avon Planet Spa Blissfully Nourishing Hand, Elbow and Foot Cream* ($9UDS, 75ml) which has a Vanilla Shea scent in a lightweight formula. Though not balm like and closer to a lotion, this did moisturize and penetrated my heels better than I expected. I do prefer the heavier duty and elephant skin penetrating Flexitol Heel Balm though. Somehow that gives me more psychological satisfaction about its effectiveness. 

The few times I've gone for a pedicure, the pedicurist almost always has to reach into the back of her caddy to pull out the big kitchen ready rasps and files to attack my heels. It's almost embarrassing considering how unattractive I think such a heel state is on other people. To avoid having to pay for such a visit to a 'heel-doctor', preventative measures are surely the way to go. I guess I should endeavour to keep moisturizing my heels! You know what they say about prevention and cure after all.

Do you take care of your heels? How so?

0 comments:

Post a Comment