Wednesday 2 September 2015

Banana Avocado Chocolate Pudding


In an effort to make "at least its' better than" type desserts (the concept of a "healthy dessert" is a bit of lie in my opinion), I stumbled across the concept of the Banana Avocado Chocolate Pudding. The addition of avocado into a pudding made me curious and I had the ingredients on hand so I quickly whipped this up in 5 minutes.



Banana Avocado Chocolate Pudding
2 ripe bananas
2 avocados
4 tbs cocoa powder
2 tbs honey
1tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup almond milk
pinch of salt

Blend to combine.


I've seen some recipes use water instead of milk, maple syrup instead of honey and skip the cinnamon altogether. I've also seen peanut butter and coconut milk being added. The recipe I mashed together from those I found online made a very creamy  chocolately pudding that was delicious! You definitely get the banana taste but the avocado flavour wasn't as strong as I thought it would be and this couldn't be mistaken for anything other than dessert. I bet this would be good with some spiciness to it too and I'm gonna try putting in some almond butter next time.

Enjoy!

Daily Zen: This one might be a little controverials...so i'll just leave it right here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment