Saturday 3 May 2014

In the Moment #7: Spring/Summer 2014 Preview in Vancouver


Might not have mentioned this, but I was away for two weeks in Vancouver. Basically I spent it eating (too much), shopping and catching up with new and old friends (ie a shopping date with Gerry and an awesome gym session with Bailey). To cap my trip off, I attended the Stila, Cargo, Ardell, Seche, and Ceramic Glaze preview for Spring/Summer 2014 lines. As last vacation days go, this day was ALL KINDS OF AWESOME!


AWESOME #1: Rosewood Hotel Georgia. Never stepped foot in that hotel but oh wow, it was TOO LUXE. When I saw the invite, I knew exactly where it was DT, this place is so iconic.


AWESOME #2: Seche and Ceramic Glaze manicures. I gave Steph from Haus of Lacquer free reign over my nails and she did an amazing job!



YOU HAVE TO TRY THE NEW CERAMIC GLAZE COLORs ($10.99 CND)! They have a matte finish but with a very interesting sheen. I chose Watermelon Cooler for my nails.



AWESOME #3: Trying on the new Ardell lashes ($6.29) which come in Curvy, Corset and Spiky styles. Even with glasses on, the Curvy lashes were comfortable to wear and didn't brush up against my lenses. 

One lash off, one lash on. Not that you can tell.
AWESOME #4: Previewing all the new collections.

Anna Sui
LE Bohemian Caravan Collections ($69 CDN at Shoppers, Murale, and The Bay)


Lip topcoat (~$23/27 sorry forgot), LE Pore Smoothing Primer ($26 CDN)

Cargo
Cargo redid their packaging designs
Brow Defining Kit ($28 CDN), Brow Pencils ($22 CDN)
Contour Palette ($36)
LE Suited to a Tea Palette ($46 CDN)

Stila
Overcat Communications demo-ed all the new products for us.
Metal Foil Finish Eye Shadow ($42 CDN), Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss ($32 CDN), Smudge Stick Waterproof Liners in 4 new colors ($26 CDN), LE Convertible Bronzing Dup ($33 CDN)

AWESOME #5: MEETING THE VANCOUVER BEAUTY BLOGGERS!!! (The most awesome of all the awesome abundance going on).

Can you tell, who's nails are who's?
Gerry, Jordana, Jayne, Myself, Jasmine's friend (sorry forgot your name!), Jasmine
AWESOME #6: The goodie bag that made Jayne and me almost start crying on a couch at Pacific Mall. No seriously. WE WERE SPEECHLESS when we saw the 18 bottles of nail polish we got. They also gave us a full length umbrella. For Vancouver, this is a completely practical item to receive. Are there things you want me to review right away?


In general, I won't use the A-word anymore but I'm sure you can tell how great+fun+"all the things" that day was. I spend the rest of it lunching with Jordana and Jayne, swatching and shopping  Holts and The Bay with Jayne, all culminating with packing and having a great Chinese dinner with my grandma, mom, brother and my favorite plus one. I miss him already. (Daawwhh)

Why do I always have to come back to my 'real' life in Toronto?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment