Saturday 15 March 2014

Yet Another Haul

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Again...so much for "less is more".


I couldn't help myself. After hearing that not only the Maybelline Elixirs but also the L'Oreal Extraordinaire glosses were on sale at Shoppers a few weeks ago, my resolve broke down. I had to pick up some more of the Maybelline glosses and try out the L'Oreal versions as well! In addition, a mid-work day walk through Winners resulted in some new skincare purchases as well.


om she aromatherapy mango orange body butter jeffrey james the cake whipped raspberry mud mask andalou naturals pumpkin honey glycolic mask

At Winners, I picked up Om She Aromatherapy Mango Orange Body Butter, Jeffrey James Botantical The Cake Mud Mask and Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask. The Cake mask smells like raspberries and chocolate, RASPBERRIES AND CHOCOLATE!!! 

I was looking for something that could be a replacement for the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask which I had tried a sample of so I'm pretty happy to have the Andalou Naturals mask. Not only does it have the same amount as the Ren, I found it for $10 at Winners and pumpkin puree is the first ingredient on the list! The fruit extracts in Ren worked quite well to smooth out my skins surface so I'm hoping this mask will do the same.


At Marshalls, I picked up Philosophy's Classic Fudge Cake shower gel, shampoo, and bubble bath. Has anyone ever tried using these for all three purposes? This smells exactly as it is named, rich, dark and fudgey! I also spotted the 30ml version of Kat von D's Sinner perfume. Though the gothic style is not really me, the rollerball version of this Oriental Floral was my very first perfume purchase and I really love the scent. It has notes of oranges, jasmine, cinnamon, musk and patchouli. I love scents which have citrus in them, so I gravitated towards this instantly! I picked it up for $20 instead of the original $54!


From Sasa.com I finally purchased a Canmake Cream Blush in #7 Coral Orange (except...it doesn't look coral at all and is definitely pink with shimmer which I also didn't expect) and Juju Aquamoist Hyaluronic Whitening lotion.


The main feature of course are the new lip products that I picked up. I bought two of the L'Oreal Extraordinaire glosses to try (Orange Tempo and Rouge Allegro). I also picked up three more of the Maybelline Elixir glosses (Blush Essence, Mandarin Rapture and Dashing Orchid). I'll do a comparison post between the two formulas in the future as well as a review of the L'Oreal ones. 

You guys know Blistex's Lip Medex lipbalm is HG for me. When I heard that Maybelline was producing a medicated version of their Baby Lips, I waited patiently for them to turn up in stores. Finally, I now have one to try for myself. I don't think anything could replace my Lip Medex, but here's to trying.

Have you picked up some new things lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment