Tuesday 18 March 2014

Guest Post: The Happy Sloth's Skincare Essentials

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)


Hi everyone, my name is Jasmine and I am the author of the Canadian beauty blog called "The Happy Sloths". Today I am sharing with you a few of my skincare essentials.

When it comes to skincare, there are very few items that I like to stick with as I constantly introduce new items I find into my routine. I have combination skin and suffer from acne so it's always a struggle to keep those pesky zits at bay while avoiding drying out my skin excessively. So that was a tiny background on my skin type, now let's move on to some of the products I have been loving:

Cleansing Products:
Ever since I tried Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil I cannot go back to any other types of make up removal products, but as you may know, the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil costs over $70 so I was very thankful I found this lovely alternative from Sephora!
This guy removes all traces of waterproof makeup, leaving my skin free of all dirt and oils; it is the best makeup remover I have ever come across! (Link to full review.)

I started using this facial scrub mid January and have been really loving it. It leaves the skin feeling super smooth and supple and I always love a good exfoliation! (Link to full review.)

I received this travel sized gel face wash quite a long time ago in my Topbox but only recently had the chance to try it out. I really love how gentle this is on the skin, it's perfect for daily use and it is very affordable.

This one is a great clay/exfoliating mask that leaves the skin feeling refreshed. It contains ingredients that temporarily tighten the pores, making them appear smaller and the skin looking more refined. I use this once or twice every week to give my skin some deep cleaning. (Link to full review.)



Moisturizing/Treatment Products:
This ons is a great moisturizing serum/concentrate that I like to use along my jawline to combat the dryness and flakiness. It feels very light on the skin and I don't wake up feeling all greasy.

I picked up mine at my local Winners and have been using it religiously on my cuticles and this stuff is very good, it keeps them looking supple and moisturized. I have tried using the Argan oil directly on my hair and face as well but it's too heavy despite how little I put. But on the cuticles... it works magic!

A little while ago I reviewed the whole line of Exposed Skincare acne treatment products but wasn't overly impressed. However, their Moisture Complex moisturizer is one of the best moisturizer I have tried. This thing has a matte finish that doesn't feel greasy or heavy, all the while providing ample moisturization. (Link to full review.)

This is my go to acne treatment/prevention product. This product really works for me and have kept my acne fairly under control for over four years. I know a lot of people have this impression that "oh Proactive is bad for you, it doesn't work... yadayada", but I say give it a try if you do suffer from acne and it might just work for you.

This is an cooling and moisturizing roll on eye gel that I like to use in the morning. It feels so nice around the eyes and diminishes puffiness.

This is the eye cream I have been using for almost a year now. It is light and moisturizing, perfect for those looking for some early wrinkle prevention.  (Link to full review.)

So there you have it, ten skincare products I have been loving lately! I hope you enjoyed reading about them! And last but not least, I would like to thank Jenn for letting me guest post on her blog, thanks Jenn! Feel free to check out my blog at The Happy Sloths if you want to read up on some makeup and polish reviews/swatches. Have a good day and thank you for reading!

If you'd like to see what some of the other ladies from CBB have posted on Skincare Essentials, click the link below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment