Saturday 21 September 2013

The Balm Nude'tude Palette


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

There are a plethora (yes plethora) of neutral palettes out on the market and you can easily find one that suits your coloring and needs. The Balm's nude eyeshadow palette is yet another option! Let's see how well it performs.

thebalm the balm nudetude eyeshadow palette nude'tude review swatches



TheBalms' palette is marketed as a nude eyeshadow palette which contains 11 powder eyeshadows and 1 black cream shadow. It also comes with a double ended liner and eyeshadow brush. Christine at Temptalia does a wonderful analysis of each color. I would say that calling this a nude palette is a bit of a misnomer but in general you're getting a handful of neutral colors which can be combined into a number of different looks.

Overall, the pigmentation of the shadows and the lasting power is pretty good. You don't have to work too hard to get true to pan color and they stay on the lid quite well. You get a nice mix of finishes here so if you're starting out, this palette gives you a good overview of the types of finishes out in the market. There are three matte brown shades which are essential for any eyeshadow collection. In addition, there are two glittery shades, four frosty shades, two satin shades and one cream.

thebalm the balm nudetude eyeshadow palette nude'tude review swatches

thebalm the balm nudetude eyeshadow palette nude'tude review swatches

The decision of buying this palette will not come down to the quality of the shadows or how much you’re getting for the price. The shadows are pigmented and smooth and you are getting a good set of choices for the cost. It will, however, depend on the color options and how well you know your preferences.  

There are a lot of good crease colors to choose from but, for me, lid colors are where this palette falls short. I prefer amber or champagne tinged browns for my lid area so this palette didn’t really fit my tastes. I have to use some of these in conjunction with other shadows in my collection to get a look I really liked. If you do like your pale pinks or are use to using darker colors over the lid, this palette works quite well.  I'm not a huge fan of Snobby but I think Sultry and Schitzo are standout shades. There are probably some dupes out there but the camel brown of Sultry is just so lovely as a transition color and Schitzo is a nice change to the browns I'm use to.

I would recommend this palette if you prefer cooler neutrals and more frosty eyeshadows. The palette is not super cool but it doesn't give me the rich browns that I like. I would have preferred to have one less of the pinks and a few more amber or bronzed browns. If you're looking for one be-all-end-all palette this might be a good choice since it does have a few necessary staples but again, it depends on your color preferences.

What do you think about the color selection in this palette? Do they seem cool to you or is it just me?

Daily Zen: I just put a whole bunch of books on my kobo and I am in reading heaven! What are you reading right now? I'd love suggestions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment