Tuesday 24 September 2013

Goodbye Summer! Ft. MAC Trace Gold


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Well I think we can officially say that Summer has left us. The clear crisp breeze of fall has arrived and the leaves are starting to change colors. In deference to Summer's departure, I'd like to pay tribute to something I've used almost everyday since I got it mid-summer. That is, MAC's blush in Trace Gold.

MAC trace gold blush review swatch summer

MAC trace gold blush review swatch summer

MAC's Trace Gold is a Sheertone Shimmer Blush from their permanent line. It's described as a "gold with shimmer". You can wear it sheerly or you can pack on the color. I didn't find this shimmer chunky nor gritty and I think it gives you a good sheen of color on your cheeks. I found that this blush had good staying power throughout the day. It also pairs quite well as a highlight with a pink or peach blush on the apples of your cheeks. Hurray for multipurpose products!

MAC trace gold blush review swatch summer

I placed it somewhat heavily on my cheeks above. It does have a slight rosiness about it but I think that's from the lighting rather than the product. In general this blush leans towards a brown/tan peach color with golden shimmer throughout. The shimmer really picks up the light wonderfully during the summer months and gives you a nice bronzed look. 

I never really went in for looking like a bronzed goddess but it's hard not to feel that way when you're using Trace Gold. Maybe there's something about having gold shimmer on my face that makes me immediately feel that much more special. I don't hear a lot of people talk about this blush but do check it out.

How are you celebrating the end of Summer? Did you favor a bronzed look then?

Daily Zen:
So the boyfriend (I realize I always refer to him as 'the boyfriend' on my blog. He has name...lol) got free hockey tickets today. That's great! It's even more great since I didn't have my week's blog posts set up and I was going to tell him I couldn't Skype until I got them done. But....since he's out....I don't have to feel guilty about neglecting him. WIN WIN!

Show me some love by following me via:

0 comments:

Post a Comment