Saturday 20 July 2013

Garnier Sleek and Shine Shampoo


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

There are some downsides to buying things on sale and in bulk.
Garnier Fructis sleek and shine fortifying shampoo review
The Garnier Sleek and Shine Fortifying Shampoo claims to condition deeply to keep hair sleek and free of frizz for 3 days even in 97% humidty. It is also suppose to smooth the surface of hair to make it 10x shinier. One of its main ingredients is Moroccan Argan oil and since everyone seems to be going on about this oil, I decided to give this giant 750ml bottle a go.

Unfortunately I hated this shampoo the very first time I've used it and kicked myself for picking up such a massive bottle. Usually I'm not too finicky about shampoos and tend to go with whatever is on sale, extra points if it comes in a economy size bottle. But there are times when such money saving tactics don't do me any favours. 

I think the primary problem is that I feel like I'm using oil to wash my hair. It doesn't lather very well and when I wash it out, there's still a bit of residue or film which doesn't seem to want to come out. I think if people are use to using oil based treatments in their hair, they may not find this unusual but since I have never used any such product I wasn't use to it. No matter how I rinsed, the shampoo didn't rinse away clean and my hair felt slightly heavy afterwards. As for the shine, I perceived no different but it did make my hair feel more sleek (but in an oily way).

Suffice it to say, I've been trying my best just to get through this huge bottle. I actually quite dislike it every time I use it which is surprising because I didn't think I could ever feel so strongly about a hair product. If you have oily hair I would stay away, the product wasn't created for people with oily hair anyways. If you have serious frizz or dry hair I could potentially see you liking this once I get over my own bias.

What was the last economy sized product you bought? Have sale items worked out badly for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment